Aviva Ironman70.3

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Melaka A Famosa Triathlon Completed!!

I'm a finisher!

I did it! i finished it! don't ask me bout timing, it was the worst! horrible timing but i'm glad i finished it, considering i havent been training at all since my crash, and no running or swimming for bout 2 months already. i learned alot bout my weaknesses frm this experience, i learnd that sufficient training and sleep is of utmost importance! few ppl i know made sure they have sufficient sleep before race day, thats so so important! even i remember a newspaper interview of pro triathlete Courtney Atkinson (multiple champion for Singapore Osim International Triathlon and various other Triathlon Races)one of the keys to his success and victory is a good long sleep of at least 8hours the nite before race. for me i had bout 3hours of sleep. and on race day my legs were sleeping, it was a bad day for me on the bike, i struggled, alot, few times felt like throwing in the towel, my legs were just not there with me on race day, and by the way the bike course for A Famosa Triathlon makes Singapore Osim Triathlon bike course a piece of cake! this was extremly tough for me looking at the conditions i had to go thru but by God's grace i finished it, thanks to all who prayed for me and encouraged me! ya'll rawks!




In triathlon every finisher is a winner! and the finisher medal taste sweeet!




At the swim start, can spot me?


done with the swim! gotta run up a long slope which was kinda tiring itself


i'm off to the bike course now!



Early morning arrival at race site

13 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

who took the pics for u wor? btw...your jersey not so match your bike...you should get a red/black/white/grey one...hehehehe

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my fren David Pang took the pics for me le, haha yeah i know! i'd love to get a red/black/white/grey one!!

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure u are one of those swimmers there in the lake???? cannot spot u one??

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha actually i can't even spot which one is me! but he took the pic coz i'm in there somewher lah

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Keipo said...

hi,I am tey,if u interest to view my photos,more than 1500 pics.Please visit my site ya.

But if u don hv multiply a/c,pls register and invite me as pmtey to be your friend,and mention who u r in the message text,after I accept u invite,u will able to view my site,foc download foto as many as u like.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Keipo said...

oppps...my site:

http://pmtey.multiply.com

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks tey! i just invited u!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lil' Blue Bear said...

Yay! You survived! :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

wah tey promoting his site everywhere...and his photos all FOC...so nice of him!!

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Lips said...

wah after crash still can run, bike and swim ah. amazing!!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah very nice of tey! thanks for the photos tey! =) but i'm wondering how did tey find out my blog? hehe lips cafe? have we met? looking forward to see food on ur blog! hehe

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Lips said...

it's me li ping. my blog never took off...too lazy :) prefer to cook and eat and sleep...hahahha... i should try to remove the link ...if i remember the password

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo hi li ping thanks for hopping by! dun delete the link, post pics of your cooking! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home