Aviva Ironman70.3

Friday, March 27, 2009

Angels

[edited @ 3.20pm]
I was tired... more like exhausted last night, went to bed at 10pm, but couldnt sleep, got up and went back to bed few times, still unable to sleep, but i was exhausted. Doesn't quite make sense, i had no energy to even walk to the front door of my house yet i couldn't sleep, and i had a good 6hour sleep the night before, i didn't do any sports or exercises or workouts that evening even. in the end i think i fell asleep at bout 3.30am.

I have some really amazing friends, they're like angels to me. when i had that insane back injury pain, Cat who is so far away kept giving me words of comfort and encouragements, always assured me with the words "it's going to be over soon", "it's gonna end, just tahan awhile more", "it's gonna end soon". those words don't sound too magical, but in my moments of intense and severe back pain those words rang loud in my head and i can only cling on to it like a lifeline. at that point I couldnt see how it could end, but those words rang loud in my head. thanks Cat! thanks to all who prayed for me also and supported me too, Dr. Julian, Jan&Pang(very dear friends), James, Cord, Grace, Page, Jen, Dr. Basel, Dr. Kim, amazing ppl, the list goes on and on, sorry if ur name not here ah, doesnt mean ur the least, not at all! Also that Guardian Angel who looks after me =)

Some don't even know me well yet cared for me, one friend bought me medicated oil for back rub, another who found out wanted to treat me to a back massage! (i didn't go tho, paiseh lah), all the prayers, sms, some friends gave me chocs, another gave me sushi! when i was craving for it! the Amazing thing is this friend is my student's Mom, take note that her son and her are NOT in FB, but that morning when i posted that i was craving for sushi in FB, that very afternoon when she came by to pick up her son after drum lessons she gave me a box of sushi... walau... unbelievable! Grace, thanks for your cards! so inspirational and encouraging! Sze made cupcakes (i lurveeee em so much!) and then wanted to come to my house deliver the cupcakes to me (but i wasn't home). Just out of the blues bake cupcakes and deliver to me some more! then after that go back to Sg. like... i cannot understand lor such kindness and goodness, what I can understand is God is good!

So many challenges and setbacks and a string of unfortunate events, frustrations and all that would have turned me into one of these..


but then God sends His angels to touch me and show me His love, so amazing, unconditional, I cannot understand. who can fathom, the depths of His love. So many things in my mind. If i murdered or did something horrible to someone today, even if intentionally, i wonder if i'd still have these wonderful angels by my side. I for one, will never be able to be such an angel, as much as humans have great capacity for good works, there's also capacity for evil. As good as one can be, there's still a judgmental nature in our minds whether we're conscious of it or not. most often, not. it comes so naturally to judge someone who did wrong, a criminal, an offender, i'm so often guilty of that, yet I wish for someone that will listen and that will not be judgemental. I never fail to be amazed and touched by the story of the Prodigal Son. His Father's love so amazing, NOT judgmental, not condemning even after all the wrong the son has done. I'm amazed by those who are in prison ministry, who can still love the criminal and find redemptive value in each of those criminals and show love to them. such are Angels sent by God.

Yesterday I didnt feel like eating lunch, so didn't get myself anything for lunch. The same morning i read some devotional that says that I'm under God's favor, and "His favor rains down on you like dew on the grass every morning!". After lunch hour ended i came back to office and saw a McD Set meal on my Desk!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD... HOW AWESOME YOUR NAME IN ALL THE EARTH!@!!!@!!! my colleagues told me somebody gave it to me!!! .....

A quick and brief search for the word Angel from the web got me these results, here's an excerpt:
Angels - (a) In the widest sense they are agents of God's providence (Ex. 12:23; Ps. 104:4; Heb. 11:28; 1 Cor. 10:10; 2 Sam. 24:16; 1 Chr. 21:16; 2 Kings 19:35; Acts 12:23). (b) They are specially God's agents in carrying on his great work of redemption.

THere's a "higher level" of "angels" I'd like to address and thank, those who supported and encouraged me by being anonymous. words really cannot describe lah. You're really like Angels in heavenly beings that are God's agents of providence but are never seen or heard, no names, nothing. just Blessing and portraying God's love thru tangible and intangible things.

17 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay - i feel like i am reading a child's perception of God here.just coz God gave u a free McD lunch or a sushi, goodness gracious - is that what your foundation of God's goodness for you is?

like seriously, dude - grow up!

you are a hypocrit, and you know why. if you don't, then have a think about it.

~ Monkey

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~ Just coz I leave my name as 'Monkey" doesn't mean I am hiding my identity. You 'hide' your name under the name 'monster' as well - what does that say about u? you are a hypocrit. think about what u say before u make any further judgemental comments. Dude, how old are u? i am guessing 30s if not mistaken. You, however, talk like an 8 year old. Im a stranger to your blog, that's why Im being brutally honest about it. Be thankful that a stranger is willing to tell you, you wouldnt want someone who is close to u to reveal the truth, do u?

~Monkey a.k.a. Alex, 27, Singapore Management U.
(see? im not being secretive about my identity here.)

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monster, grow up. Its important.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger monsterkeon said...

Ok Ok mr grown up n mature christian, chillax le! hey I still LOVe ya! God bless ya! XD

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chillax? sorry im not 14... To forgive and understand is not to write and respond to subsequent comments. its to forgive and forget before you write and do as you preach. ITs hard but its pivotal to any religion. understand this, understand your faith, understand and write.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger monsterkeon said...

Thanks man!! i'm so touched by your concern! YOU are Godsent! *high 5.. peace out*

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My concern is your concern. Peace and love.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Grace said...

Monkey a.k.a Alex, I don't see what's wrong with talking about Mcd's lunch, sushi, etc... those are the little blessings people often over-look...and indeed it is a child's perception of God as God calls us to be childlike in faith -

Matthew 18:3 - 'And Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.'

Luke 18:16 - 'But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."'

The kingdom of God belongs to SUCH AS THESE...

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Cookies said...

And Monkey, you don't have to go around trashing what people wrote on their own blogs, ok. If you think it's hypocritical to be judgemental - to quote your own, 'think about what u say before u make any further judgemental comments...' then please show what it takes not to be a hypocrite yourself.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Grace-Melody Moo said...

To Keon, keep up praising the Lord the way you do. I am truly encouraged by this post, on how God's faithfulness stretches from the small to bigger things...Keep up writing too.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Pig said...

Hey Keon, sorry to hear about your hurting back. Hope it's slowly recovering. Have faith and trust that God will heal you in His time. Just don't let your anxiety get all over ur head ya :) And do continue to enjoy sushi & happy meal!

I keep forgetting to tell you this. I went on a Cameron trip lately and my friend's car broke down. The tow truck that came to our rescue is from "Keon Workshop"!! :P

Cheers! And...try not to sit too long ya :)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger monsterkeon said...

the monkey digs its own grave.
Thanks Grace, cookies and pig, you all are darlings! Grace yes i will continue praisin n thankin God for big or little things He did for me,(adult's perception cannot thank GOd for little things one according to monkey tsk tsk) Pig my back is miraculously healed already, no more pain at all =) ahahah Keon Workshop! nice!!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Jen said...

Wahlue eh..... one weekend I am away nia.... the blog became so interesting.

Eemm.... then i guess i should be away more often. =P
Keon, glad you are back to yourself and giving thanks to God. Guess each of us have our own way of giving thanks to Him. Keep it up. Someone is just jealous that you are getting all the attention and him/it is not getting any.

Monkey@Alex, if i am a non-believer and if you are a Christian, I am really disappointed by your words. Btw, there is not such guidelines in a blog stating that you can mention about FOOD.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger monsterkeon said...

Hey Jen! Thanks! u another dearie! i gotta drop by soon to have some good food with ya'll!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Julian said...

normally i'd keep quiet but i need to speak out.

Monkey, you gotta know the person before passing judgment. You have no idea what the person goes through in their daily lives apart from what they write on their blog and you're justified to condemn?

Keon's teaching me to be thankful for the small things in life, like when were YOU thankful enough to God that He's sent dear friends into your life that you blogged about it?

And all that's said about the plank is true.

YOU think about it.

peace out.

My Jesus is big, amen.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger monsterkeon said...

YO BUDDY!! thanks bro!! hope we can ketchup one day! thanks fo always being there fo me!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all,

It's kinda funny to see the comments given..hehe..It's great to know that the blogger have awesome friends who stand by him :)

One thing I would like to share to everyone, it's learn to count your blessings be it big or small.

One more thing, being brutally honest is good but being honest and not watching your words is not. Calling names is not cool either. If you ever have the intention to speak out what's on your mind and to kinda "correct" the other person, please do mind your words. Your words carry weight and do matter. Your words can either make or break a person. What you say hurts a person even more than hurting the person physically.


Cheers,
A Reader

 

Post a Comment

<< Home